What the heck is Dermal Fillers? Dermal fillers are basically collagen or fat that is been injected in the face to make it look young and free from ageing lines. The effect of sun exposure, gravity, and years of facial movements brings fine lines on our skin when we move towards our 30’s. This is the time when we start to notice grooves and lines of our faces that make us look mature. The underlying tissues break and the contraction in the muscles causes our skin to gain creases, this is when the dermal fillers are used to bring a halt on breakage of tissues by injecting fillers.
Know more about the types of cosmetic dermal fillers
There are various kinds of cosmetic dermal fillers used by the surgeons. Each one of them has their own different properties, and the cost of treatment shows a discrepancy depending on the type of dermal filler used for the cosmetic surgery. The various options include the following:
What can dermal fillers treat?
Dermal fillers are used to treat the various signs of ageing including the various areas mentioned below:
- Vertical lines formed above the lips
- Lip border and volume could be treated and enhanced
- It works on defining the cheeks
- Jowls (marionette lines)
- Nose seminal
- Smile lines or gummy smile creases
- Chin creases
- Facial definition and proportion
- Under eye circles and tear furrow
Follow the pre-treatment Guidelines
There are certain medicines that are advised to be avoided 7 days before going for the treatment.
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Aleve)
- Vitamin E
- Ginkgo Biloba
- John’s Wort
Take a look at the post treatment care
- Avoid exposure to sun till 2 days after the treatment. Excessive sun or heat could damage the skin and cause excessive redness or swelling
- Do not touch or press the treated areas immediately after the surgery. Squeezing the treated area may change the ultimate shape that has been targeted to be achieved.
- Make sure to apply sunscreen before 20 minutes before going out in the sun. Furthermore, reapply the sunscreen after 2 hours till the time you are exposed to sun and heat.